Wednesday, January 30, 2008


TV6, when you write the name of someone who has been knighted, you always use their first name after the "Sir", e.g. Sir Shridath.
But your graphic was "Sir Ramphal".
Will you then in future give us "Sir Branson", "Sir Clarke", or "Sir McCartney"?
Here's what Wikipedia says about referring to persons who have been knighted: "Accompanying the title is the given name, and optionally the surname. So, Elton John may be called Sir Elton or Sir Elton John, but never Sir John. Similarly, actress Judi Dench DBE may be addressed as Dame Judi or Dame Judi Dench, but never Dame Dench."

And what does "nonsence" mean? We caught that in your Viewers Comments.