Tuesday, May 13, 2008

FAVOURITES 2

Here are some more favourites from Cameo Laurence.

"Hello D Martine
I want to throw my comments on the “Favourites” poll that you have going.

"BEST NEWSCAST
I generally keep my TV stuck on “C” at 7.00. The...is because I’m not very impressed with Gayelle’s news quality. WIN TV is not even in the running. Why would I want to hear Oto Carrington or Samuel McNight who simply do not have a good command of the English language? The only time I switch from “C” is when Naette Lee is reading the news. I think she is their most sour-faced presenter and her negative vibes emanate from the TV into my living-room. When she’s on, I rather watch Samantha John.

"BEST MALE ANCHOR
I’d have to say that the only proper male anchor is Roger Sant. He is experienced and professional, but it’s a bit tiring to see him morning noon and night on TV!

"BEST FEMALE ANCHOR
I vote Francesca Hawkins as my favourite female anchor. I grew up in the 90s watching the TV6 news, and her experience, professionalism and natural intonation really keeps me interested in the newscast. I used to watch CNC3’s 9.00 newscast when she presented it, but now that Sampson Nanton is back in the anchor chair, I don’t! Shelly Dass is a very close second in my book.

"BEST SPORTS ANCHOR
Although I like Roger Sant as the best overall anchor, I think that Robert Dumas is a very good presenter and I would like to see more of him on “C”. I think he is the next Roger Sant and I’m voting Robert as my favourite sports anchorman.
I don’t really watch morning TV so I can’t comment on the breakfast shows.

"CL"